The following priests of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee will retire from active ministry June 30 unless otherwise noted.
Fr. Dennis R. Ackeret was born March 17, 1942. Ordained in 1968, he served as associate pastor at St. Lucy Parish, Racine, 1968-1969. Fr. Ackeret also served as a teacher and chaplain at Catholic Memorial High School, 1969-1989; associate pastor, St. Mary Parish, Menomonee Falls, 1989-1990; pastor, Christ King Parish, Wauwatosa, 1990-2003; administrator, 2003-2006, and pastor, 2006-present, St. Theresa Parish, Eagle.
Fr. Richard J. Fleischman was born June 16, 1942. Ordained in 1968, he served as associate pastor at St. Joseph Parish, Grafton, 1968-1971; associate pastor, Holy Family Parish, Whitefish Bay, June-December,1971; associate pastor, St. Kilian Parish, Hartford, 1971-1976; associate pastor, St. Jerome Parish, Oconomowoc, 1976-1983; associate pastor, 1983-1984, and team member, 1984-1988, Immaculate Conception Parish, Milwaukee; pastor, SS. Cyril and Methodius Parish, Milwaukee, 1988-2001; pastor, Holy Rosary Parish, Fredonia, 2001-2005; In Solidum team member, 2005-2007, administrator, 2007-2011, and team moderator, 2011 to present, St. Mary Parish, Belgium, Holy Rosary Parish, Fredonia, and Our Lady of the Lakes Parish, Random Lake.
Fr. William Kohler was born Nov. 5, 1941. Ordained in 1967, he served as curate at St. Agnes Parish, Milwaukee, 1967-1968; curate, St. Joseph Parish, Waukesha, 1968-1973; consultant, Office of Religious education, Archdiocese of Milwaukee, 1973-1983; chaplain and lecturer, Cardinal Stritch College, Milwaukee, 1983-1993; pastor, Mary Queen of Heaven Parish, West Allis, 1993-1998; associate vicar, Priests’ Placement Board, Archdiocese of Milwaukee, 1998-2005; supervising priest, St. Paul Parish, Milwaukee, 2002-2005; pastor, St. Leonard Parish, Muskego, 2005-present; part-time moderator of the Curia, Archdiocese of Milwaukee, 2010-present.
Fr. Anthony McCarthy was born Jan. 9, 1944, in Stevens Point. He attended Marquette University, 1966-1967, and Saint Francis Seminary, 1967-1971. Fr. McCarthy was ordained in 1971 and served as associate pastor at St. Albert Parish, Milwaukee, 1971-1973; St. Mary Parish, Menomonee Falls, 1973-1976; and Immaculate Conception Parish, Milwaukee, 1976-1980. He served for a short time at St. John the Baptist Parish, Plymouth; pastor, St. Sylvester Parish, South Milwaukee, 1987-1993. Fr. McCarthy was named pastor of St. Clare Parish, North Lake in 1993, and then as shared pastor of that parish and St. John the Baptist Parish, Monches, 1998, until the two parishes merged in 2006 to form Blessed Teresa of Calcutta, North Lake. In addition, Fr. McCarthy served as associate director of the archdiocesan RENEW Program, 1980-1983, and as a member of the Priest Personnel Committee, Priest Placement Board and Priest Pension Board.